- Shizentai Issue 10 available now
May 10, 2017
Visit our Newsletter page for issue 10 of the BAA Magazine Shizentai
- 2017 WSAF Junior, Youth and Senior World Sport Aikido Open Championships
December 22, 2016
- Competitors and Judges at the Third Junior and Youth European Club Competition 2016
November 27, 2016
- Discounted MAI Subscriptions
February 28, 2016
As a member of the British Aikido Association we are offering you this great deal. Enter your membership number in the offer code box below and we’ll give you a 12 month Dual Pack subscription to Martial Arts Illustrated for just £3.75 a month. That’s a saving of 33%. Don’t miss out! This summer offer expires on 31st August.
- Position Statement
January 21, 2016
The Official Position Statement published by the BAA Executive Committee outlining the Associations policy toward International matters dated 15th November 2015 including.
- The future of the World Sport Aikido Federation (WSAF).
- The membership of ITAF (International Tomiki Aikido Federation) the JAA replacement proposal for TAIN.
- The attendance at future international competitions including 2017 options and bidding for the 2019 ITAF International.
- Congratulations to the BAA at the WSAF/SAF World Championships
November 9, 2015
Results in for BAA members at the WSAF/SAF World Championships in The Gold Coast, Australia.
- The Importance of Insurance
October 7, 2015
An explanation of the current insurances available through the Association.
- Shizentai 6
August 7, 2015
Issue 6 of the BAA newsletter Shizentai is available for download now
- Dudley Osborne
May 14, 2015
It is with great sadness that the BAA announces the passing of Dudley Osborne 3 Dan, an honoured Fellow of the Association. He died peacefully in Ashford Hospital on the morning of Tuesday 12 May 2015, aged 86.
Dudley and I first joined the BAA 31 January 1975, as members of the newly formed Goshinaikikwai, founded by Basil Stephenson. Together with Ian Dunn and other members, Dudley and I took our first kyu grades (5 kyu) in April of the same year. Bill Lawrence and Lesley Hepden were the examiners. Since that time Dudley has never been off the mat and continued to practise up to a week ago. Already in his forties when he came to aikido Dudley was living proof that Tomiki Aikido can be practised with spirit well into late age and keep pace with the young. Dudley became the leader and father figure of the Goshinaikikwai, guiding the club through many changes of location and membership. Recently the Goshinaikikwai held a commemorative training day to celebrate 40 years of the clubs existence. Old members and new were there to share his pleasure in bringing us all together again to celebrate the club’s 40th anniversary. Gentle, considerate and always welcoming, Dudley personified the true Budo spirit.
- Martial Arts Illustrated
May 13, 2015
An interview with the BAA’s Bob Jones is featured in the June 2015 issue of Martial Arts Illustrated magazine.